Product Support SpecialistEvolon
|Location:||Dallas, TXDallas TX|
|Date Posted:||Nov 2, 2021|
Based in Dallas, Texas, Evolon Technology, Inc. ("Evolon" or the "Company") is a fast growing, technology-enabled provider of video content analysis solutions for critical infrastructure protection.
For nearly a decade, government and commercial entities have relied on Evolon and its complete platform of video surveillance solutions to help improve security and situational awareness. Founded by former engineers and scientists from the Los Alamos National Laboratory, the Evolon team brings decades of expertise in developing and implementing advanced video surveillance technology to help protect critical infrastructures and deliver business intelligence.
Evolon combines patented advancements and emerging technologies to deliver the industry's highest detection and classification accuracy with flexible and extensive range of performance. Its edge to cloud capability is carried out through its proven product platform, including Evolon Edgeâ¢ for Axis cameras, Evolon Enterpriseâ¢ for virtually all cameras and surveillance appliances, and Evolon Verifyâ¢ for proactively classifying and verifying potential security threats and reducing false alarms that disrupt operator queues.
In late 2018, Evolon attracted a significant investment from ReignRock, a growth and operations focused Dallas-based private equity firm which invests in lower-middle market companies exhibiting a strong potential for growth.
In 2021, Evolon completed a $16 million Series A funding to accelerate future growth plans. National Securities Corporation acted as sole placement agent for the offering. The Liquid Venture Partners group at National Securities Corporation was responsible for sourcing and executing the offering.
The Product Support Specialist will report directly to the Director of Operations of the Company.
No direct staff oversight
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve challenging issues relating to software applications, networking, various OS solutions and other related technologies
- Conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely to customers and colleagues
- Document status, steps taken and communication with stakeholders for customer issues using Evolon solutions
- Collaborate with other support personnel and developers
- Assist in the evolution of our software via bug reports and feature requests
- Contribute to the creation of technical documentation and knowledge base articles
- Participation in the regular and after-hours support schedule
- Provide occasional on-site technical support
- Technical Degree – two (2) year minimum; four (4) year recommended
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience related to the troubleshooting of software applications
- Good knowledge of video compression protocols such as H.264 – MJPEG – MPEG-4
- Ubuntu Skills
- Installation and configuration experience preferred
- Troubleshooting at the command line preferred
- Familiarity with shell scripting
- Familiarity with code development and design
- Understanding of TCP, IP and UDP protocol stacks
- Training Experience
- High integrity
- Strong written and verbal (in English) communication skills
- Technical aptitude, problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complicated systems in a logical, creative and consistent way
- Ability to relate to customers with varying technical ability
- Ability and inclination to work collaboratively across functions
- Willing to "roll up sleeves" in order to accomplish tasks
- High process orientation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines